Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
apoorvu
Level: Powered On

Upload data of Excel File to SQL table through powerapps

Hi All,

Here's my requirement - I get excel sheets from 4 vendors each month.  (4 different car leasing companies giving me details about my company's fleet resources)

I was thinking of creating a powerapp that allows users to directly upload these excel sheets to a sql table. I understand there is no direct way to do this. So, can I use sharepoint to upload each of these excel files and then run a job that takes the content of the sharepoint files and pushes them to a sql database? I'll have 4 tables for each of the vendors' data. And a 5th table that will hold the consolidated data. (Can run a stored proceudre for this). The goal is to create power bi reports for the fleet data, which is why I wanted to store all of our data onto a sql database. Right now, we have lots of distributed excel sheets.

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Upload data of Excel File to SQL table through powerapps

@apoorvu
All of your requirements can be accomplished using Microsoft Flow. In fact, you might not even need PowerApps at all. I suggest you research Flow and once you are ready to build you could ask any questions in the Flow Community.

Link to Flow Community
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community/ct-p/FlowCommunity

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others can find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Upload data of Excel File to SQL table through powerapps

@apoorvu
All of your requirements can be accomplished using Microsoft Flow. In fact, you might not even need PowerApps at all. I suggest you research Flow and once you are ready to build you could ask any questions in the Flow Community.

Link to Flow Community
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community/ct-p/FlowCommunity

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others can find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,753)