cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mary_ann
Helper I
Helper I

Upload excel file from local to SQL DB using powerapp

I am building a app that, There will be a button and on click it will take an excel file from the user local and that will directly get inserted to SQL DB if all row matches then insert other wise error message "Invalid columns"

Is this possible? If yes please help me, because I have looked many articles but didn't find any that solves this issue.

Thanks.

@WarrenBelz if you could help me on this?

1 REPLY 1
JOHAK

Hi, 

As an alternative solution, we offer an Excel AddIn which has a free feature that will take a table in Excel, create a new table in SQL Server and at the same time import all the data from the Excel table into the table in SQL Server: 

JOHAK_0-1620650896070.png

The commercial version also allows you to import and update data from Excel into any existing SQL Server table. It will automatically validate all data against the data types of the columns in SQL Server when the user enters or paste the data in Excel.

If you like to test it you can read more and download the Excel Add-In from https://sqlspreads.com/

Best regards 

Johannes Akesson, SQL Spreads founder

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,736)