Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smudgers9
Helper III
Helper III

Upload files into PowerApps then save to Sharepoint list

Can someone help me please?

I have a basic app which has a text input and a button which patches the data from the text input into a SharePoint online list.  I want to add an add picture control and be able to add that to the SharePoint list also.  I have looked online and the only solution appears to be to use a Form but I don't need a form and I'm not bringing any data into this app from SharePoint, I just need to be able to press a button and the text input data along with the file uploaded to be saved to SharePoint. 

Thanks in advance,

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Smudgers9 ,

I have a blog on SharePoint image storage and viewing that may be of assistance.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Smudgers9 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Apologies but I haven't had chance to look yet as this week has been crazy on a project I'm working on.

Hi, I finally had a few minutes to read the article.  I see what is being done here but wondered if you are able to break it down a bit more for me.  My scenario is as below.

The app  has a text input box to enter details which when the Submit button is pressed it saves the details to a SharePoint list along with the name of the person who filled in the box, their email address and the timestamp it was created.  A Flow then runs to email a team of people to advise this has been done and needs reviewing.  

Very simple.

What I need is the option to upload a screen shot for example and when Submit is pressed, this is to be emailed to that same group of people with the initial email.  If it can be saved to the list item as well then that's great.

Hi @Smudgers9 ,

I assume you are going to work out how to put a screen shot in an Add Picture control (this would have to be manual - Printable screen to PDF and then upload). I am not sure how to break down the Uploaded Picture process any further than what s in the blog unless you have specific questions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,126)