cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acdebord

Upload to Common Data Service Truncated

Hi PowerApps Community -

I am trying to upload a dataset from Excel into a Common Data Service entity and am running into an annoying issue where the text that I upload is truncated. I tried to change the field type to "Multiline Text" and that did not resolve the issue.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue and are there any workarounds for this?

Thank you!

Alex

6 REPLIES 6
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi acdebord,

Are you using a custom entity? What are the data types for the fields?

Do you mean that a Text data field in your entity caused the issue so you changed it to Multiline text?

To test this issue, I create a custom entity which has data types Text, Number, and Picklist.

I create a simple Excel file which contains these three columns, then following the import data steps, the data is imported successfully.

The fields in my entity and the Excel file I used are:

4.PNG

5.PNG

Please refer to this doc for a reference:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/data-platform-export-data/

Please try it again, if you are still having the issue, please feel free post back with more details about your entity and the Excel you are using.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yamao -

Yes, I am using a custom entity. I have tried several data types for the fields, including text and long text. I can try a few of the others that you mentioned, but am wondering if it would be possible for me to send you my spreadsheet so that you can have a look at it as well.

Thanks for your help!

Alex

Hi acdebord,

You could send it to my email address at v-yamao@microsoft.com.

I will help test it on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi acdebord,

Please provide the data type of each column, Brand, Support Type, Region, Unique Key, Time Period, Text.

I am trying to create a custom entity then try to import the data you have sent to me to test this issue.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Hi Mabel,

All fields have a data type of text or long text. I am indifferent between using either data type as long as it works.

Thanks for all of your help! I really appreciate it.

acdebord

I am still looking for a solution here - any help would be really great!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,129)