cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramsabi
Helper II
Helper II

Uploading Documents to SharePoint and Filling in Metadata

I have created a flow to upload documents to a library and then update the metadata from an Excel File. The documents are getting uploaded to the libraary and all the metadata is getting filled in. 

But there are two issues:

1. Documents are not getting "checked in".

2. I am getting the following error.

Update File Properties
Bad Request

Flow Message.jpg

ActionFailed. An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded.

{

"status": 400,

"message": "The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold.\r\nclientRequestId: 89892959-86e4-4858-b8ba-f4c1dbe0622b\r\nserviceRequestId: 89892959-86e4-4858-b8ba-f4c1dbe0622b"

}

I am also attaching the list of columns as an image.

WIll be grateful for any help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ramsabi 

There is a limit of 8 Lookup columns to be able to interact with PowerApp/Automate.  

This also includes Person columns in the count as they are considered as lookups as well.

You currently have 11. 

I would abandon using the Lookup as people columns as much as you can.  You can replace a Lookup column with two columns in your list - an numeric column and a text column to relate to the looked up record ID and Title.

Consider as well removing columns like Status with either a text column or, if there is some specific need for a lookup to another list, then again, the numeric and text column to replace.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ramsabi 

8 , 12...I can never remember the exact number as I rarely use a lookup column and would only have a couple at most of person columns.  Those column types are more relevant to using the SharePoint interface...and since I'm more focused on users using the PowerApp, it's not needed.

As for the CheckIn.  Do you really have a need for checkin/out control on the library?  If not, turn it off.  If so, then Use the CheckIn and CheckOut actions in your flow.  They are part of the SharePoint connector.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ramsabi 

There is a limit of 8 Lookup columns to be able to interact with PowerApp/Automate.  

This also includes Person columns in the count as they are considered as lookups as well.

You currently have 11. 

I would abandon using the Lookup as people columns as much as you can.  You can replace a Lookup column with two columns in your list - an numeric column and a text column to relate to the looked up record ID and Title.

Consider as well removing columns like Status with either a text column or, if there is some specific need for a lookup to another list, then again, the numeric and text column to replace.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Thanks Randy, I investigated further and found that the limit is 12, and there were other lookup/person columns enabled. I disabled them and created a new view with only 12 lookup and person fields and pointing My Flow to that view.
Can you think of any solution to "check-in" the document programmatically in Flow?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ramsabi 

8 , 12...I can never remember the exact number as I rarely use a lookup column and would only have a couple at most of person columns.  Those column types are more relevant to using the SharePoint interface...and since I'm more focused on users using the PowerApp, it's not needed.

As for the CheckIn.  Do you really have a need for checkin/out control on the library?  If not, turn it off.  If so, then Use the CheckIn and CheckOut actions in your flow.  They are part of the SharePoint connector.

It is a little political 😊😊😊. The person who designed the library is very defensive about it and unfortunately they are my boss. I agree with you about the lookup fields.
Check in and check out is also enabled and they will not agree to turning it off. @PrasadAthalye gave me the solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,368)