cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uploading "default" destination

Howdy all.

When looking at some of the PowerApps examples I noticed that a simple way to keep new picture attachments in a same folder destination is by providing the path to the folder (see picture).  This enables that when a new record is created, its attachment is also added to that folder.  It's a nice feature with Excel... but now trying to do that in SharePoint.

Does anyone know how to set a the field within a SharePoint list to essentially do the same?  (something like, .\SP_Path\LibraryFolder\)

I appreciate your help!

Lou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, the similar workaround is to save the files to SharePoint library via MS flow and output the sharing link for the file, then in powerapps, just patch that sharing link to the field in sharepoint list, to achieve what you want.

About how to create a flow to upload image to SharePoint library, please refer to Shane's video. Based on that, you just need to compose your own path of the file and pass it from flow to Apps.

Snipaste_2020-06-05_13-50-42.png

In PowerApps, save the output link to a variable as follows, then you are able to patch that link to the Hyperlink column in sharepoint list as usual.

Set(VarLink, FlowName.Run(...).FileURL)

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Anonymous ,

A SharePoint Library (I assume this is what you are referring to) already does this when you file something in a folder in the Library.

In Power Apps, you can see the full location and file name with 

ThisItem.'Full Path'

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, the similar workaround is to save the files to SharePoint library via MS flow and output the sharing link for the file, then in powerapps, just patch that sharing link to the field in sharepoint list, to achieve what you want.

About how to create a flow to upload image to SharePoint library, please refer to Shane's video. Based on that, you just need to compose your own path of the file and pass it from flow to Apps.

Snipaste_2020-06-05_13-50-42.png

In PowerApps, save the output link to a variable as follows, then you are able to patch that link to the Hyperlink column in sharepoint list as usual.

Set(VarLink, FlowName.Run(...).FileURL)

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-siky-msft .  Yeah, I had seen some of the ways by using flow and other methods.  What I was interested in finding out is:

- that when PowerApps is using Excel it seems to understand (by reading the name of the column/main path provided in that column), that for any given new record... it will automatically save in such place (and it doesn't use flow or other workarounds... the settings of the column/path already help it determine certain decisions).  But in my case, I want to know if such capability would be achievable with SharePoint without Flow or other tools... just by the adequate info/setting in the List, PowerApps will behave in that way.

Sorry if it's confusing... trying to best describe what I observe PowerApps does automatically without relying on other tools.  Thanks for the information shared, though!

Lou

Hi @Anonymous ,

In my point, it is impossible to save the files to sharepoint and return the link only via Powerapps currently.

Since no such functions are supported in Powerapps to save the files to sharepoint library.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,192)