cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brank
Advocate III
Advocate III

[Urgent] Error while trying to install On-premises data gateway

Hello I have problems with installing the on-premises data gateway, I had this gateway installed but I needed to uninstall it because it was giving me problems, now when I try to install it again it throws the next error.

image.png

Please, I need a solution for this because production environment is stopped because of this.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
VincentM
Advocate III
Advocate III

You need to activate the on premise service in the windows services.

v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brank,

The error message translate into the following message:

No se puede iniciar el servicio PBIEgwService en el equipo
Ei servicio no respondio a tiempo a la solicitud de inicio o de control

====

Can not start the PBIEgwService service on the computer
The service did not respond in time to the start or control request

As suggested by @VincentM, please open Services.msc (just type services.msc in the search box, then press enter), check to see if the following service is running:

74.PNG

If not, click to Start this service and then check to see if issue could be resolved.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I tried to do what you said but I dont have that service because I uninstalled the on-premise gateway and this problem is happen when I try to install it again.

Well, the solution I did it was to don't depend on the on-premise gateway and get all data from an API.

Regards,

Please explain how to apply the solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,572)