cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_Whitenight
Advocate II
Advocate II

Use App Owner for the visible

Is it possible to use the app owners to set the visible property instead of using Or(User().email="1st owner's email", User().email="2nd owner's email", User().email="3rd owner's email").

I was hoping to be able to use something like Owner so that if someone is listed as an owner the fields hidden from the regular user are displayed. 

3 REPLIES 3
Maxwell123
Helper II
Helper II

I would try to upload an excel file with two Column The first put "Full Name" and have the second name it something like "Privilege"

I.E Below for now we will call this table reference.

Full Name Privilege 
John DoeOwner
Jane DoeUser

Whatever fields you need hidden you can set the visible property to something like this. 

If(IsBlank(Lookup(Reference,Filename=User.()FullName,Privilege),If(Privilege="Owner",true,false),false)

The idea is that the code checks the current username of whoever is signed in and matches it with the table and then checks to see if they are an owner or not. 

The good thing about an excel spreadsheet is its static and can be uploaded right to the app so it does not need to take time to check a Sharepoint list.

Let me know if this is along the lines of what your looking for and if you need help with the formula let me know. 

Thanks. Your suggestion will work but I was hoping there was something directly in PowerApps so I wouldn't need to maintain two list, permissions in PowerApps and an excel spreadsheet.

Thanks Maxwell123 for your suggestion. I was hoping to have something directly in PowerApps so I didn't need to maintain two lists, the owners in PowerApps and a list in excel, if owners changed due to people leaving and coming into departments. I submitted an idea to have App.Owners added as a feature.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,901)