Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Donglin
Level: Powered On

Use Camera Control to save pictures to Attachments of SharePoint List

Hi,
Anybody knows how to save pictures from Camera control to the Attachments field of SharePoint list?
I use the Attachments control to upload the files to the field, but it's not convenient sometimes, I would like to use camera take pictures and save to the field, I have searched the topics but could not find any reference. Would you please help me? Thanks very much.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Re: Use Camera Control to save pictures to Attachments of SharePoint List

Hi @Donglin ,

You can use the camera control to save to a SharePoint Library and you can attach photos using the attachment control. My users I do both of these in many apps.

I have not used your required process and did some searching and after reviewing, thought I had found what you needed. I cannot find anything else on the subject, however there is still a workaround which I have as a standard process. Simply take a picture with the camera phone, then use the attachment control to attach it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Hi @Donglin ,

Here is a good description of the process if you want to use attachments.

I also have a working process to save these to a SharePoint Library -  I posted it here recently.

My users have taken over 20,000 field pictures in the field using this with very little issue - I am happy to explain this further if you require.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Donglin

Thank you so much. I have read the post, it's creating the photo files stored in SharePoint library, would you please advise how to store the photo in the Attachments field of a SharePoint list?
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Hi @Donglin ,

Sorry wrong link - have a look at this one.

Donglin

Sorry, I got confused, I haven't gotten idea how to make it since I didn't find the exact example from the links.
I use the Attachments control to upload pictures to the attachments field of SharePoint list called PartItem, but sometimes I would like to take pictures by Camera control and save to the same field. Would you please advise how to do? Thank you.
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Hi @Donglin ,

You can use the camera control to save to a SharePoint Library and you can attach photos using the attachment control. My users I do both of these in many apps.

I have not used your required process and did some searching and after reviewing, thought I had found what you needed. I cannot find anything else on the subject, however there is still a workaround which I have as a standard process. Simply take a picture with the camera phone, then use the attachment control to attach it.

View solution in original post

Donglin

Wonderful, with the Attachments control can also take the phone directly when use it on mobile phone. It is exactly what I need.
If it can resize picture size, it would be perfect.
Thank you.
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Hi @Donglin ,

Yes, I remember that now about the mobile - a while since I have used apps on a mobile device taking a picture.

File size is often an issue with weak data signal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,594)