cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephanP
Level: Power Up

Use Collect & Incremetation

Hi everyone 🙂

I am starting with PowerApps and I want to create a simple application to save in Excel some fields which will be filled by the users.

One Excel file is present in my OneDrive Bussiness with this structure (two sheets : BDD for data and Country for my dropdown list):

2020-01-28_07h12_38.png2020-01-28_07h12_45.png

I have inserted the 4 fields (the second drop-down list being connected to the choice of the first) :

2020-01-28_07h45_13.png

I want to send the data to my Excel file and I use the 'Collect' function, but i have one error message (For the Dropdown)

2020-01-28_07h31_40.png

If change 'SelectedText' by 'Accessblelabel', I no longer have an error message but the data does not arrive in the excel file

2020-01-28_07h32_02.png2020-01-28_07h32_27.png

Would you be where it can come from. I think it comes from the dropdown, but don't know how to fix this?

Just on another question : My first field is a ID, it's possible to automatic incrementation the number ?

Thank for advance for your help and have the nice day

Stéphane.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kbilakanti
Level 8

Re: Use Collect & Incremetation

@StephanP  Accessible label doesn't have your drop down selected information/value. The purpose of the accessible label is to provide text that a screen reader can read out. This helps users with visual impairments who might choose to use screen reading software.
You need to use Dropdown.Selected.Value or  Dropdown.Selected.<FieldName> function to get and store the information.

For your second question - If you want to generate id automatically and want to make it unique you can use GUID() function which generates new GUID every time when you collect the data.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kbilakanti
Level 8

@StephanP  Accessible label doesn't have your drop down selected information/value. The purpose of the accessible label is to provide text that a screen reader can read out. This helps users with visual impairments who might choose to use screen reading software.
You need to use Dropdown.Selected.Value or  Dropdown.Selected.<FieldName> function to get and store the information.

For your second question - If you want to generate id automatically and want to make it unique you can use GUID() function which generates new GUID every time when you collect the data.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

WarrenBelz
Level 8

Hi @StephanP ,

Try Dd_Country.Selected.Country and DdCity.Selected.City

StephanP
Level: Power Up

Hello @kbilakanti ; @WarrenBelz 

Thx for your help 😉

It's ok with a little change (Result remplace Value)

2020-01-28_08h36_30.png

Have the nice day

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,533)