cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Use Language function in Power Apps with an app to Microsoft Teams

We have created a Powerapp form, with which users can request a team. We have now integrated this Powerapp into teams. Unfortunately the language query does not work when I open the app directly in teams.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-language

But in the browser e.g. in Chrome and Edge the language is always shown in the browser.
Does the Language() function not work directly from teams or am I doing something wrong.
Are there other possibilities?

thanks roland

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Use Language function in Power Apps with an app to Microsoft Teams

@rschmid 

Yes, I also reproduce your issue. Even if the OS and Teams Language Setting have been configured to German, the Language() function still returns "en-US".

After my research, I find English is the Default language, If you want to localize the App, please refer to this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/concepts/build-and-test/apps-localization#l... 

If your provide localized versions of your application it is very likely that your users will respond with the same language. Teams does not translate the user submissions back to the default language.

Sik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

@rschmid 

Could you show the details about how did you handle with Language() function?

I have made a simple test, just use a label to show the User's locale, and it can work well in browser and Teams.

Could you share your steps? so we can reproduce the issue. 

Snipaste_2020-02-04_15-53-17.png

Sik

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

thanks for the feedback,
when I output the function Language() in my poweapp, I get different values back.

• In the browser Chrome (the language is set to english) --> result = "en" --> which is correct
  • In the Edge browser (the language is inherited from Windows10 and is German) --> result = "de-DE" --> which is correct
  • in Teams the Powerapp was added as an App --> result = "en-US" for all users even if both the operating system and all browser language settings are configured in German. --> which is false

Is it possible that as soon as the Powerapp is added as an app in teams, "en-US" is always displayed? This seems to be the case for you. What happens if you set the language settings in your browser and operating system to e.g. German? Is "en-US" also displayed in your teams?

Thanks for the help

Greetings

Roland

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

@rschmid 

Yes, I also reproduce your issue. Even if the OS and Teams Language Setting have been configured to German, the Language() function still returns "en-US".

After my research, I find English is the Default language, If you want to localize the App, please refer to this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/concepts/build-and-test/apps-localization#l... 

If your provide localized versions of your application it is very likely that your users will respond with the same language. Teams does not translate the user submissions back to the default language.

Sik

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,028)