Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Use PowerApp to update existing list item

Hello Everyone,

I've created a Corrective Action form. It has a number of screens. Initially users have a screen to add a new item to the SP list. I've created another screen with a gallery they can search to find the corrective action they previously submitted. I need a button that will take them to the update screen that will allow them to update that specific list item with the corrective action they have taken instead of adding a new item to the SP list.

Any help much appreciated, as always

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Use PowerApp to update existing list item

Hi @Doddy83 ,

Do you add a Edit form within your Update screen?

Do you want to update existing record selected from your Gallery within your Edit form?

I agree with @WarrenBelz 's thought almost. Please set the OnSelect property of the ">" icon in your Gallery to following:

Navigate(UpdateScreen);
EditForm(UpdateEditForm)

Within your Update screen, add a Edit form (called "UpdatedEditForm"), set the Item property of this Edit form to following:

Gallery1.Selected

connect the UpdatedEditForm to same data source as your Gallery1. Please make sure the DefaultMode property of the Edit form to following:

FormMode.Edit

Add a "Submit" button in your UpdateScreen, set the OnSelect property to following:

SubmitForm(UpdatedEditForm)

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

HI @Doddy83 ,

You can use the same form as the New form - just use on the OnSelect of the Gallery to set the FormMode (replace all Your references with your actual form and screen names)

EditForm(YourFormName);
Navigate(YourScreenName)

Then on the Item of the form

YourGalleryName.Selected

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Doddy83 ,

Do you add a Edit form within your Update screen?

Do you want to update existing record selected from your Gallery within your Edit form?

I agree with @WarrenBelz 's thought almost. Please set the OnSelect property of the ">" icon in your Gallery to following:

Navigate(UpdateScreen);
EditForm(UpdateEditForm)

Within your Update screen, add a Edit form (called "UpdatedEditForm"), set the Item property of this Edit form to following:

Gallery1.Selected

connect the UpdatedEditForm to same data source as your Gallery1. Please make sure the DefaultMode property of the Edit form to following:

FormMode.Edit

Add a "Submit" button in your UpdateScreen, set the OnSelect property to following:

SubmitForm(UpdatedEditForm)

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @WarrenBelz, thank you for the reply.

The reason I'm using a seperate form is it's a different set of questions they need to answer, mayby 'edit' wasnt the best choice of word, it's more like and update or addition to the list thats needed. They dont have the same questions as on the initial screen.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you @v-xida-msft  so much for your time! This is spot on and tested ok!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,408)