Use QR Scanner to navigate to an internal page on PowerApps
I want to be able to use the QR code scanner on PowerApps to be able to Navigate to a certain page within the app. I have all of the pages already created; however, I want users to be able to scan a QR code on a certain machine within our factory and it will then navigate them on the app to the relevant information page for said machine.
Is there an 'On Scan' formula I can use if I create a QR code with 'Navigate(screen)' as its property?
- Build the URL for your app. You find this in the details of your app (go to the overview of all your apps, verticle dots)
- Add the paramater to your URL: simply add "&ScreenID=1" or whatever paramater you think would be good to use (the part after = is the actual paramater, the part before is the indication that it will be a parameter)
- Create a variable that is set by the URL: Set(varScreenID,Param("ScreenID"))
- If someone were to use the URL you created to open the open, varScreenID will be 1 on start
- Then you make an If function: If(varScreenID="1",Navigate(Screen1))
Then you just need to create a QR code for the URL. I don't know if powerapps can do it, but pretty sure there are plenty of ways to achieve this. Most phones can open a QR code from the native camera app, so I wouldn't bother making a powerapp for that either