cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Use a simple drop down as person or group

Hallo,

i have some fields in my SP List one of which is person or group.

I don t want to use a form, but actual Inputs and then patch the info from power apps back to share point.

i inserted a drop down field and i want it to be a person or group field.

i use in the default : 

{
'@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser",
DisplayName:"",
Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|",
Department:"",
Email:"",
JobTitle:"",
Picture:""
}

and on the items property : Choices([@RelevantUsers].ResponsibleUser)

i get an error (expected text value)

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

@marial16 

If you are using a Dropdown (as opposed to a Combobox) then yes, you must supply Text to the Default property.

I would recommend the following:

1) Set the Value displayed (found on the DropDown control in the Value property of the Property Pane on the right of the screen) to DisplayName (or email if you prefer).

2) Set the Default property of the Dropdown to a text value that matches the selection of the Value property described above. So, if you have set the value above to "DisplayName", then put a valid Display Name in the Default.  It will then be selected.

You can use the Dropdown.Selected value as your Patch value.  It will have the signature needed to Patch correctly.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

I can not change the value without the depend on option. And i am not sure i have figured this out . Is there an alternative? 

marial16_0-1603217943380.png

@marial16 

I would remove the dependencies - you are dropping down a list of users.  There is no dependency there.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Check out the Power Apps Community Call for January 2021

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,127)