cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Use a textbox to search multiple fields using In

I have a gallery connected to a SharePoint list with several multi user fields. I want to search for a user and then find items where they appear in any of the fields. I am searching for other users, not myself.

I have gotten it to work searching for when they appear in one column by converting the people label to text but want to add a condition where they can appear in the second/third column as well. Here is what is working for one column:

Filter(TextInput1.Text in Text(Concat(Manager.DisplayName, Text(DisplayName) & " ")))

When I tried to copy the same formula for the second column, it works by finding searched users where they're only in both columns:

Filter(RecordsCollection, TextInput1.Text in Text(Concat(Manager.DisplayName, Text(DisplayName) & " ")), TextInput1.Text in Text(Concat(Associate.DisplayName, Text(DisplayName) & " ")))

Is there any way to make this an OR query instead of AND? I tried using the OR operator as well but it errored

TextInput1.Text in Or(Text(Concat(Manager.DisplayName, Text(DisplayName) & " ")), TextInput1.Text in Text(Concat(Associate.DisplayName, Text(DisplayName) & " ")))
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Re: Use a textbox to search multiple fields using In

Used || for Or instead of the Or formula: 

Filter(RecordsCollection, (TextInput1.Text in Text(Concat(Manager.DisplayName, Text(DisplayName) & " ")) || TextInput1.Text in Text(Concat(Associate.DisplayName, Text(DisplayName) & " "))))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Re: Use a textbox to search multiple fields using In

Used || for Or instead of the Or formula: 

Filter(RecordsCollection, (TextInput1.Text in Text(Concat(Manager.DisplayName, Text(DisplayName) & " ")) || TextInput1.Text in Text(Concat(Associate.DisplayName, Text(DisplayName) & " "))))

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,325)