cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PapithaSekar1
Helper III
Helper III

Use different Sharepoint list to store data depends upon user login & department

Hi All,

I would like to filter the user based on department and save their data accordingly in different sharepoint list.
for example.

User A  - HR department .-HRSPlist

User B - IT department -ITSPlist

Both are going to use same time registration to register the time.

When they register time i want to use different sharepoint list to save their  data according to their respective sharepoint list.

Is it possible to do this?can anyone give me suggestion

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@PapithaSekar1 ,

Broad question to answer without code examples, but all is possible.

You can also look at the Patch option if you do not have a form - simply Patch to the relevant list based on the user logged in.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

@PapithaSekar1 ,

If you are at beginner level, this video from @DavesTechTips may assist you.

I suggest you stick with the two forms - one on each list. You can use the Patch function, but need to understand it. 

With your users, User().FullName or User().Email needs to match the list you would have with Departments. You would then get the Department and make the relevant form Visible for the user.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @PapithaSekar1 ,

You simply need two forms, one connected to each list. You can have them on the same screen, but set the Visibility according to the user logged in.

The other alternative is to use Patch and send to the appropriate List depending again on the user.

@WarrenBelz I have designed the screen without form, i guess i have to design it using form and then implement your idea. is that right. There is also possibility for user to edit(used form) ,delete(from gallery using delete icon) their registered time. How can implement you idea in those screen?

can you give me some input

@PapithaSekar1 ,

Broad question to answer without code examples, but all is possible.

You can also look at the Patch option if you do not have a form - simply Patch to the relevant list based on the user logged in.

@WarrenBelz Thank you,shall try this an update you. sorry for the stupid question  how can i test it ? am at beginner level this is my first app. 

@PapithaSekar1 ,

If you are at beginner level, this video from @DavesTechTips may assist you.

I suggest you stick with the two forms - one on each list. You can use the Patch function, but need to understand it. 

With your users, User().FullName or User().Email needs to match the list you would have with Departments. You would then get the Department and make the relevant form Visible for the user.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,657)