cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use field value from one datasource to start a new form in a new datasource

Hi all, Im trying to make a basic check list app.

I have two sharepoint lists acting as the data sources.  The first list give me some basic information such as AssetID and specific items I need to know about for the check list.

The Checklist is from a different list/datasource however, this is where Im comming unstuck.  

I can list the Assets (from Datasource 1) and place the information I need into global variables, however, when I create the new form in the other data source I dont see any of the fields I need to check off.

Screen1 - This is where the user selects the Asset (Datasource1) then navigate to the next screen where they begin the checklist by entering some basic details.

Screen2 - "General"Information (Datasource2)

Screen3 - First page of check list (Datasource2)

I cant attached another image, but the last screen is Screen3 in powerapps design with the items listed.

The code below is what I use to create the new form:

Set(gvAssetID,Title);
Set(gvInstalledSystems,DispInstalledSystems);
Set(gvAssetType,AssetType);
Set(gvAssetModel,AssetModel);
NewForm(ServiceDetails);
Navigate(scrChkLstServiceDetails,ScreenTransition.Fade)

Any pointers would be appreaciated, I'm sure Im missing something here to do with either Patch or Update commands but I cant put my finger on it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip, but I think i found the problem.  My DefaultForm was set to FormMode.edit on the subsequent forms I duplicated from the original....set each screen/form part to FormMode.New and the records are displaying.

Obvious now as since the entry didn't exist for the asset, then there was nothing to display.

Smiley Embarassed

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Make the default property on the fields in your new form to equal the variables applicable to them

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip, but I think i found the problem.  My DefaultForm was set to FormMode.edit on the subsequent forms I duplicated from the original....set each screen/form part to FormMode.New and the records are displaying.

Obvious now as since the entry didn't exist for the asset, then there was nothing to display.

Smiley Embarassed

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,309)