cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kuglarz96
Frequent Visitor

Use submited form as a template to new one on demand

Hi,

I created a custom form app , with more than 30 fields to populate and save to sharepoint list.

Due to a lot of fields to populate, I want to create an option to populate new form fields with existing submited form, on user demand, becouse some of them often could be the same.

I created a dropdown with currently has following code:

Items:
sharePointListName.uniqueName       /* it gets all already submited forms uniqueNames to dropdown choice */

Now i want to create a button, which after clicking on it, will update all form fields based on already submited form selected in dropdown. Updated fields should be still able to modify. 

Do you know what should I type in OnSelect property of a button ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @kuglarz96 

Yes, you can achieve this by setting up the configuration as:

Button -> OnSelect -> Set(ShowLastSaved,true)

Now, you can update the Default property of the datacards as:
DataCards -> Default -> If(ShowLastSaved, Last(SPListName).ColumnName, Parent.Default)

Here, you need to update the highlighted part with the SP list name and the column that you are trying to fetch in specific datacard.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @kuglarz96 

Yes, you can achieve this by setting up the configuration as:

Button -> OnSelect -> Set(ShowLastSaved,true)

Now, you can update the Default property of the datacards as:
DataCards -> Default -> If(ShowLastSaved, Last(SPListName).ColumnName, Parent.Default)

Here, you need to update the highlighted part with the SP list name and the column that you are trying to fetch in specific datacard.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Thank you @yashag2255 !

That wasn't exactly solution for my issue, but based on this I found it by myself:

BUTTON OnSelect:
Set(UseTemplate,false);
Set(UseTemplate,true)

DATA FIELD Default:
If (
    UseTemplate,
    LookUp(mySharePointList, uniqueName = Dropdown1.Selected.uniqueName, DataFieldColumnName ),
    Parent.Default
)

DROPDOWN OnSelect:
Set(UseTemplate, false)

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,002)