cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ref95

Used PowerApps to create two dependent drop-down fields in my SharePoint list, but when I use the field to enter data it does not show up in the list.

Hi all, hope you're doing well.

For the past week I have been using PowerApps to customise a form in a SharePoint list I have been creating. Specifically, I've been using it to create a dependent dropdown choice field based on what is selected in a previous choice field (as per this article; https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/dependent-drop-down-lists)

So the new entry form works as expected; the issue I'm having now though is when I create a new list entry using the customised form, no data shows in the columns which I edited in PowerApps.

If I double click the entry, it only shows the default value (CT) in both Error Category and Error Sub-Category, rather than the ones I selected.

Although I'm not too sure I've got a feeling that there's a setting in PowerApps I need to change so it actually shows the data in list view, though I could be wrong.

Any help would be very much appreciated - thanks in advance.

See attached images for an example of the issue.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,595)