cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

User Authentication Token

Could someone tell me or point me in the direction of some info about how long a user remains logged into PowerApps on a device once Authenticated via their Office 365 login. How long does the Token last?  30 or 90 days?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: User Authentication Token

Hi @AndyRHodges,

Please check the article below:

Session timeouts for Office 365

Please refer to the Azure Active Directory part:

Quoted:

"

Modern authentication uses access tokens and refresh tokens to grant uses access to Office 365 resources using Azure Active Directory. An access token is a JSON Web Token provided after a successful authentication and is valid for 1 hour. A refresh token with a longer lifetime is also provided. When access tokens expire, Office clients use a valid refresh token to obtain a new access token. This exchange succeeds if the user’s initial authentication is still valid.

Refresh tokens are valid for 14 days, and with continuous use, they can be valid up to 90 days. After 90 days, users will be asked to re-authenticate.

Refresh tokens can be invalidated by several events such as :

• User’s password has changed since the refresh token was issued.

• An administrator can apply conditional access policies which restrict access to the resource the user is trying to access.

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Re: User Authentication Token

Thanks for the response and lookng into this.

Sorry I may not have been clear what I meant by device  - I was talking about iOS/Android/Windows Phone.

That section doesnt seem like it would not apply to a Native App.  It mentions  -  Azure Active Directory(Used by Office 2013 Windows clients with modern authentication enabled) .

Many thanks

Andy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,817)