cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmDev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

User().Email function throws a 'live.com#' prefix to my '@hotmail.com' email address

Hi

I'm currently testing an app using my org email address and my personal hotmail address to mimic an external user.

I'm using some role based security/logic for certain cards in a form and was struggling with it for a while, but have just realised, my problems are being caused by the 'live.com#' prefix, which is added to my '@hotmail.com' email address. 

I suppose I can add some logic to get around this in the testing phase, but I cannot rule out the chance that an external user during prod may use hotmail or some other address, which creates similar but different prefixes that my logic doesn't resolve.

Has anyone ran into this problem before and if so do you know of a robust fix?

Many thanks

Gerard

3 REPLIES 3
mrpowergage
Resolver I
Resolver I

Same issue here, did you get anywhere with this @AmDev ?

The only insight i can offer is that it is the same with my @gmail.com address

Hi @mrpowergage - sorry for the delay.

No, I ended up putting some logic in to get around it, which isn't ideal - especially if you had the same issue for gmail also, which gives at least two scenarios where this would be an issue and there will no doubt be more, so logic isn't going to cut it long-term. The solution isn't in prod yet, but plan to pick it up again and try to bottom this issue out. If you manage to get there before me, I would appreciate any pointers. Many thanks

mrpowergage
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks @AmDev 

I’m optimistic that we can just split on # and that will work for all cases. 

I’m in production on this with a small pool of external users. If I come up with any cases that don’t work I’ll post here. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,272)