cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Csanchez316
Level: Powered On

User().FullName not populating

Hello All,

Im having a major problem with my app thats driving me crazy. 

Issue:

When tryin to get User().FullName it is not populating only shows a blank even when putting a textfield to User().FullName what am i doing wrong?

This app was imported from another site and everything works but that! Any assitance getting this fixed would be of greate help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: User().FullName not populating

@Csanchez316 

Take a look at the account information.  At the top right of your designer window should be your account photo. If you click on that it should display a dropdown under it with: Your Full Name, Your Email Address and a Sign Out option.

The User() function derives its information from there.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

@Csanchez316 

Is this issue only in this particular app?

If you create a blank app and add a label and set the Text property to User().FullName, does it show anything?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Csanchez316

I went ahead and creted a new app and tried to add  User().FullName, on a blank textfield and it does not populate either can this be some type of permission?

Super User
Super User

@Csanchez316 

Take a look at the account information.  At the top right of your designer window should be your account photo. If you click on that it should display a dropdown under it with: Your Full Name, Your Email Address and a Sign Out option.

The User() function derives its information from there.

View solution in original post

Csanchez316

Looks like it might of just been the account that was associated with the powerapps I was using. Seemed to not have a name associate it the account.

Now i feel dumb ahah thanks a lot

Super User
Super User

@Csanchez316 

No worries...these things happen.  Always good to throw it out here in the community for a quick (hopefully) resolve rather than pulling teeth out on it. 😉 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,005)