cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

User Phone Rendering Entry Form Differently

I have a datepicker on an entry form that is set to the default format "mm/dd/yyyy" It writes to an excel sheet, still in the correct format.  It is then displayed in a gallery. 

For every user but one, it displays in the gallery correctly.  For that one user, on entries she makes from her phone, they display as "Month dd, yyyy" For the life of me, I cannot figure out why. When looking at the form in edit mode from her phone, it displays today's day (which is correct), but in the wrong format.

Has anyone else encountered this? 

UPDATE:  There is a text input field on the same entry form. When I select is my phone takes me to the number/symbol portion of my phone's keyboard (which is what I want it to do). When she selects it on her phone she gets a dial pad, which is problematic because the data entered in that field should be a decimal number ~50% of the time. 

UPDATE: I fixed the keyboard issue by changing the data type on the text input object to "text" instead of "number." I fixed the date issue by wrapping the text property in DateValue() wherever it appears throughout the app.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @justtegan ,

Could you tell me more details about your date picker control?

Did you set it IsEditable to true?

If so, setting this property to true means that you could enter date manually. However, you need to enter right format date, or else, the data will be invalid.

As the phone display which pop-up keyboard, it is decided by system automatically. 

It's not supported to set it currently in PowerApps.

I suggest you set IsEditable to false.

Setting date by choosing date in the control, which could help you avoid the problem of date format.

1152.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I fixed the keyboard issue by changing the format of the text input box from number to text. It now automatically goes to the full phone keyboard, from which users can access the number/symbol keyboard. With the previous iOS the same field navigated directly to the number screen of the main keyboard. So. . . annoying, but fixed. 

As for the date picker, iseditable is false (and always has been). I have tested it from her phone.  The date picker looks normal on her screen, and the selected date format is correct until it is saved. After the form is saved, the data recorded in the data source is formatted correctly (mm/dd/yyyy), but is displayed in the app incorrectly (Month dd, yyyy). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,470)