cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

!! User Photo from Sharepoint - Is it a bug?

I have a SharePoint list with employee names to include their emp id, email, Name, and photo - pulling from 'Person/Group'.  In my app, I have a gallery and an image control with ThisItem. SpeakerEmail.Picture.  All photos display great in web editor and desktop.  However, they are not visible on my mobile.  

Is this a bug or creator error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Re: !! User Photo from Sharepoint - Is it a bug?

Thanks; I resolved by adding a document library with the photos and connecting my Powerapp.  Not ideal; but it works for what I need.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Figured out a painful workaround for this -- I'm sure there is a much easier way but I pulled the jpg from the collection, saved to a sharepoint list and returned as a photo collection.  For others looking for a solution to doing something similar, I would recommend utilizing a flow to or possibly graph api (?) -- not sure if that is an option but worth checking out.  

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

This is a limitation with the current platform, I couldn't find any update though that they've fixed it. It's because of an authentication procedure hence it doesn't display it. The workaround was to put the image in a public folder and that worked for me. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Can-t-see-pictures-in-IOS-devices/td-p/39676

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thanks; I resolved by adding a document library with the photos and connecting my Powerapp.  Not ideal; but it works for what I need.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,349)