Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yoursnani
Post Patron
Post Patron

User based screen in SharePoint integration with power apps

Hi 

Am customizing SharePoint list form, and I have 4 forms in it . one is new ,second is view , third is edit request , and fourth is Approve form.

My scenario is when my manager open is edit mode . then only open approve form. Rest anyone click on edit , then edit request form need to open . 

Please help me 

Thank you 

9 REPLIES 9
CNT
Super User
Super User

@Yoursnani How do you distinguish between a Manager and a Normal User? Where is this information stored? 

@CNT 

Can we defined with user().Email like that ???

@Yoursnani User().Email will give the email of the currently logged in user. But you will need to compare this with the email of the user to see if they are a Manager or a Normal user. Where do you have this information stored?

@CNT  

I want to give only two people and I have their mail I'd's. Those two people only can access approve form. Can we do that

@Yoursnani 

Please try the following,

Switch(User().Email,
   "person1@email.com", Navigate(ApprovalScreen),
   "person2@email.com", Navigate(ApprovalScreen),
   Navigate(EditScreen)
)

CNT
Super User
Super User

@Yoursnani Did you get it to work?

@CNT 

its worked well but . can we do same with group ?, if i have one SharePoint Group and i want that people only can load approvalScreen, Rest are should open Edit Screen ,

if Yes . please give me codes how to do with Groups 

Thank you 

Hi,

You can load your sharepoint group records to a collection in your powerapps.

ClearCollect(sharepointGroups, 'Group name');

Once you have the data loaded in your collection you can easily do lookup/filter on collection to see if logged in user is present in group. based on the result you can navigate user to respective screen.

Please mark my answer verified if this is helpful!

Regards,

Bipin Kumar

Follow my Blog: https://xrmdynamicscrm.wordpress.com/

@bipinshan 

Can you Please Explain . i am new to power apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,720)