cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fvc226
Frequent Visitor

User can not connect to PowerApp from mobile phone

Hello. Two of our users had trouble using the powerapp. They got an error message that said: "The specified record was not found. Does anyone have suggestions to fix the issue?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Is it One Drive for Business? And are they able to access the One Drive location outside of the app? In other words, do those users have access to the One Drive location? 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

View solution in original post

Just helping my colleague @PowerAddict here. We grappled with Excel/OneDrive permission/sharing.

You need to in OneDrive

• Select Folder (or file it you do not want to share the whole folder)
  • Three dot menu
  • Manage Access
  • Advanced
  • Grant Permissions

You will work out the rest from there - and then it all works

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

Are the other users able to use the app with no errors? Are they all accessing the app in the same environment?

Also, can you check if there is a particular/specific record that the may be trying to pull on the screen where those 2 users are getting the error? 

Let me know and we can take this further. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Hi, Hardit. Other users are able to use the app without errors. All users are accessing the app in the same environment. The two users who have issues can not see any record at all. 

If its not confidential data, can you post a screenshot of the screen on which they are getting the error? You can even mask the data. Is there a gallery or a form on that screen (or any other control)? 

---

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Hi, Hardit. They see the error before they get to the welcome screen on the app.  They can't connect to OneDrive. There is no gallery, form or control on their screen. How can they connect to OneDrive?

Is it One Drive for Business? And are they able to access the One Drive location outside of the app? In other words, do those users have access to the One Drive location? 

---

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

We are using OneDrive for business, but I did not share the Excel file in OneDrive with the users. I will try that. Thanks, Hardit. 

Awesome, let me know if it works. 

---

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Just helping my colleague @PowerAddict here. We grappled with Excel/OneDrive permission/sharing.

You need to in OneDrive

• Select Folder (or file it you do not want to share the whole folder)
  • Three dot menu
  • Manage Access
  • Advanced
  • Grant Permissions

You will work out the rest from there - and then it all works

Hi, Hardit. Thanks so much for your help. It worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,259)