cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alietzau
Advocate II
Advocate II

User can't sign in to powerapps

I have a user that is trying to access a powerapp that is embedded into a sharepoint site. When they access just the powerapp with a direct link, they can see it. But once it's embedded into sharepoint they see this sign in view. 

Powerapps sign in.png

I know the user has a license for powerapps and I, as the owner of the app, can view it while it's embedded. Has anyone else come across this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alietzau,

Does the end user have appropriate permission to access your SP Site?

Have the end user tried to click Sign in button, and then provide their own credential to access the embedded app?

Further, which browser does the end user use to open the SP site on their side?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please check if the end user has appropriate permission to access your SP Site (e.g. the end user is the Member of your SP Site).

Also please ask the end user to try to click Sign in button, and then provided their own credential for this embedded app, check if the embedded app works well.

In addition, please take a try to clear cache of your Browser or open the SP Site with other browsers, then check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The user has ownership of the sharepoint site along with the powerapps. I've confirmed this because they are able to view the powerapp from a direct link. 

The user has tried to click the sign in button and it does let them, but when the sharepoint page refreshes, it still displays the same log in prompt. 

The issue seems to come from IE and there's a similar issue that appears in FireFox. The only reliable browse has been Chrome. It's really weird that they are able to access the embedded powerapp in Chrome but now IE. I even had them delete their cookies for IE but that didn't help.

Hi @alietzau,

If you want to run your app via IE browser, please make sure that the version of your IE is the last version, and the Compatibility View option of it has been turned off.

In addition, there is a known issue that Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers might block the launch of a URL or website that’s in protected mode or a lower security zone than the website in which the app is loaded. To resolve this issue, change the security and privacy settings for your browser.

Currently, there are also some new features released within PowerApps are not compatible within IE, Firefox or Edge browser.

So we recommend that run your app using Chrome browser.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (31,039)