Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

User defined functions

Hey all, 

I would like to 'user define' one of my functions

sum(BrowseGallery1.AllItems.'sample received', 'sample received'), I would like to define this function instead of having to write this function over and over again. 

Much thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pasta_K
Regular Visitor

hello! not sure what error you're receiving, perhaps you could provide me with more details? But as an example for now, i would create a button and in the "on select" function, add Set(Variable1,sum(BrowseGallery1.AllItems.'sample received', 'sample received')). Either that or maybe in an "on change" function depending on the app that you are currently creating.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pasta_K
Regular Visitor

You can try to set it as a variable and use that variable instead

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, thanks for the response!

I tried setting the function as a variable but there was still an error.

Could you  please show me an example of how it should be done? 

Pasta_K
Regular Visitor

hello! not sure what error you're receiving, perhaps you could provide me with more details? But as an example for now, i would create a button and in the "on select" function, add Set(Variable1,sum(BrowseGallery1.AllItems.'sample received', 'sample received')). Either that or maybe in an "on change" function depending on the app that you are currently creating.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked!

Thank you so much!!

super kind of you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,976)