cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PWrobel
Microsoft
Microsoft

User().email and SharePoint person.mail return different values

I have created an app that queries for data from SP list. In the list I have "Person or group" field which is filled with some user accounts.

Some users have different e-mail from alias - for example their e-mail is john.doe@contoso.com and their alias is jdoe@contoso.com.

Now when I do the User().mail what I get is user alias.

When I query SP list for person.email I get e-mail of the person.

It would be good if PowerApps would make distinction between an alias (UPN) and e-mail as this is raising some issues. It would be great if User() function would also return "Claims" like SP list query does, so we could do easy comparison of the values and query SP data based on the current user.

3 REPLIES 3
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PWrobel,

About feature requests or and ideas about PowerApps, please consider to post in below forum where others can vote.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TeeroyLyon
Helper I
Helper I

Hey @PWrobel !

I'm trying the same thing.  Two different email addresses.  Do you know of a way to find a match the accounts?

Thanks!

Troy

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

You guys might check this, these two codes below in my organization at least, will provide both versions of a users email. 

Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail
Office365Users.MyProfile().UserPrincipalName

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,846)