cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Willy-C
Regular Visitor

User for one app got Trial screen and not other - Why

Hi everyone,

Scenario: I have two PowerApps Canvas applications in the same environment as follows:

1 - Application name: CanvasA with the following Standard connectors SharePoint, Logic Flow and OneDrive for Business. The users (Group1) have Microsoft 365 Business Basic licenses. For this app the users have not gotten the Trial screen - the user access the application from desktop/laptops for the past 5 months

2- Application name: CanvasB with the following Standard connectors SharePoint, Logic Flow, Office 365 User, Office 365 Outlook. The users (Group2) have Microsoft 365 Business  Standard and Microsoft 365 Business Basic  licenses (two type of users). For this app the users have gotten the Trial screen every month. The user access the application from desktop/laptops or android/iPhone for the past 3 months.

Questions:

a- Why the user who access application CanvasA don't get the Trial message if the app uses Standard connection?

b- Why the user who access application CanvasB get the Trial message if the app uses Standard connection?

Please help

6 REPLIES 6
BCLS776
Community Champion
Community Champion

Users will get an offer to try a service free for a trial period whenever they are trying to access something for which they are not adequately licenced. During the trial, of course they can access more features. As well, if they tried a trial in the past and the time ran out, they won't be able to use the connector that was active under the trial.

The thing that is likely causing the issue is the flows. Flows triggered by a Power App need to use a connection under the context of the user themselves. I don't think an MS365 Business Basic licence includes this.

Does that help with your questions?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

According to the Power Apps Licensing guide both Business Basic and Business Standard include a Power Apps and Power Automate license for Standard connectors.  https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2085130 Its possible that the trial screen is a false positive related to the Office 365 and Outlook connectors you are using.  But I would review the actual list of connectors being used.  Its also possible that a premium connector was added and then removed.  This is hard to do and the connector often leaves enough information embedded in the app that it still tries to push for a premium license.  If you can verify that there are no premium connectors being used you'll need to open a support ticket with Microsoft and have them examine the app.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Unfortunately the two apps use the Standard connector Logic Flow, Thanks anyway

As per my knowledges (I am not an expert) I don't see any Premium connector however it could be possible that a "dirty' connector could be hidden there, good point. I will open a ticket. if you wish I can send screenshots of the connectors just to make sure.

Another difference that I noticed is that the user for CanvasA app use the app in laptops however the users for CanvasB app uses mobile/laptops. Do you think that this might trigger the Trial screen?

I appreciate your comments.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

If users for B only used Mobile it might cause an issue, because they might be logged in with the wrong user.  But other than that there is no licensing difference between mobile and laptop and since some people in B are using laptops, that isn't the issue.

A screenshot of connectors probably wouldn't help since its probably an issue cause by a connector that used to be there but was removed.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi there,

I open a ticket in PowerApp admin portal and have the initial chat with them yesterday. They blamed to the Microsoft license types that my users have. Honestly, this answer has no made any sense to me,  I proved that they theory was not right, they will do a further investigation. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,444)