Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

User image not showing up.

Hi

So i  have a strange issue.
I have a gallery that uses SharePoint. I have a image in the gallery item that says 

Thisitem.PeopleColumn.Picture

Now this works at my home computer, shows the images just fine.
On my work computer it shows no images at all.

So i tried the following.

Microsoft365Users.UserPhotoV2(ThisItem.PeopleColumn.Email)

And it displays the picture but i get an error saying invalid value of parameter 'id' and this goes for all people columns that is not a system column like Modified By or Created By those works fine.

Don't know if this is a temporary issue or if the issue have been created due to using Patch on some of the people columns? My patch function is with curly brackets. And the data in the column looks fine after patching.

'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser",
                 Department: "",  
                 DisplayName:User().FullName,
                 Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(User().Email),   
                 Email:User().Email,
                 JobTitle: "",
                 Picture: ""

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@jlindstrom Thank you for answering.

All users have been migrated and are exchange online only.

The weird part is that the function works fine on one computer and not the other one. And the other weird part is that the code gives id value error on columns that are not system created columns.

Next weird thing is that it just started working with ThisItem.PeopleColumn.Picture again on both computers but the MicrosoftOffice365 still gives id value error if you have used patched function

View solution in original post

Highlighted

weird--I've seen those kind of flukey things that just start working again.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Do you by any chance use hybrid office with exchange on premise? I recently had a project that did and if you have exchange on premise it has to retrieve the user photo from exchange on premise and in some cases would time out

Highlighted

@jlindstrom Thank you for answering.

All users have been migrated and are exchange online only.

The weird part is that the function works fine on one computer and not the other one. And the other weird part is that the code gives id value error on columns that are not system created columns.

Next weird thing is that it just started working with ThisItem.PeopleColumn.Picture again on both computers but the MicrosoftOffice365 still gives id value error if you have used patched function

Highlighted

weird--I've seen those kind of flukey things that just start working again.

Highlighted

@jlindstrom The issue just came up again.

ThisItem.PeopleColumn.Picture works sometimes, i even tried on the same computer different users and i get different results sometimes it works sometimes it does not. And it can be the same user that gets different results.

Anyone else had issues with this type of things?

I went on and did the following on Image

If(ThisItem.Status.Value = "Unassigned", Blank(), Microsoft365Users.UserPhotoV2(ThisItem.'Assigned To'.Email))

Now this seems to work better but i still end up with some users going blank pictures sometimes and sometimes showing i don't understand why really.

Highlighted

I'm not sure. Maybe @EricRegnier @WarrenBelz have an idea?

Highlighted

Sorry, not a user of that field (we do not have control locally)

Highlighted

Seems to me it's a bug or something.

On one screen it works on another screen it gives an error.
Running the app in a webrowser and everything works fine but when you edit it in powerapps it stops working sometimes and gives an error on the code in one screen but not on the other, if i copy paste the code where it gives me an error it shows no error again until i start a new edit.

Error on this screen

Screen1Screen1

No error on this screen

Screen2Screen2

My full line (Is something wrong with this?)

If(ThisItem.Status.Value = "Unassigned", Blank(), Microsoft365Users.UserPhotoV2(ThisItem.'Assigned To'.Email))

Highlighted

The issue was my logic in this case i got an error because i checked the wrong column.

But the issue with ThisItem.PeopleColumn.Picture still exists.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello Together

I experienced today the same issue by using "Microsoft365Users.UserPhotoV2(ThisItem.PeopleLookUp.Email)". The images are displayed correctly, but i am getting also an error tick which is saying invalid value of parameter 'id'.

Any workaround to get rid of this error?

Thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,156)