Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

User in Different Country Not Collecting Correct Date

Hello,

My App has been published for about a Month now and is being used both by our American team and our India Team. 

The first page where data is entered has a hidden text box that uses the formula

(Text(Today(), "[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy"))

This along with data entered is sent to a collection which is "reviewed" on the next page and then edited or submitted into a sharepoint list. 

This works fine with every user except one. There is one user on our India Team that has entered data about 8 times in the last month and the first 4 times the date should have read 5/7/2020, but read 7/5/2020. The next 4 times the date should have read 5/21/2020, but read 10/15/2021. 

I honestly don't even know how to troubleshoot this.  There are probably a total of 20 team members and there is only one problem with the dates. 

Any advice anyone could give me would be great. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: User in Different Country Not Collecting Correct Date

Hi @jbaggett ,

You need the TimeZoneOffset function, which returns the user's difference to UTC. Allowing for this, you can write the value back to the data source correct for the area. 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @jbaggett ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @jbaggett ,

I am following up this post to see if it can be closed if you obtained the result you were looking for.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue as this will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hello,

I apologize for the delay. I have been pulled away from this project for a different one at the moment and have no had a chance to test this out BUT the same user has input quite a bit more data since this incident and the dates are all correct. I'm not sure how the original error happened since the date is a hidden field and is automatic. 

Thank you for your response and I think it would be ok if we closed this post. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,420)