cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidLozzi
Advocate II
Advocate II

Users are not getting latest version

My users are not getting the latest version. Even when they press Refresh in the PowerApps main app, and then press my app, it says downloading, but then they don't get the actual updates. Looking at the details of the app on their phone it shows March 25th, on my phone I see April 4th.

Lozzi
slalom
8 REPLIES 8
cbelmans
Advocate I
Advocate I

Did the users close and restart Powerapps?

Yes.

Whenever I save I just go back into PowerApps, click Refresh then click my app and it downloads it.

Lozzi
slalom

And what happens after a shutdown and restart of their device?

Didn't work

Lozzi
slalom

I forgot, I have a beta version of the app as well, and I saved that copy over my "prod" copy my users are using. The share URL is the same before and after, but this might be part of the problem...

Lozzi
slalom
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had this issue deploying to my users as well.

I've implemented a workaround which is to divert them to a sharepoint list showing all available powerapps  (e.g. https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/app?source=portal&screenColor=rgba(37%2c+62%2c+143%2c+1)&appId=%...)

On mobile they go to that list and click the link, for whatever reason, powerapps then automatically downloads the latest version. Without it they do not get the updates.

Small update, it appears some users are getting randomly updated, no rhyme or reason.

Lozzi
slalom

I tried sending them the same link, again via email, and it didn't help.

Lozzi
slalom

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (47,201)