Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lliu08
Helper I
Helper I

Users are seeing different dollar signs

Hello, community,

has anyone encountered that one of your PowerApps users is seeing a different type of dollar sign? I have the PowerApps deployed into the Environment, which its region is set to Canada.

However, there is one (just one user out of all the users) who always see a pound sign instead of a dollar sign "$" like this. I am suspecting there is something to do with the user's region setting? 

Can anyone help with this issue, where and how I can correct this problem all the users are seeing the same currency formatting?

Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@lliu08 

Yes, you are 100% correct.  It does have to do with the user's region setting.  The trick is to display the numbers in a text field and use the TEXT function to format the result.

Here's an example to ensure US Dollar currency.  This code would be input into the Text property of a label or text input.

Text(1234567.89, "[$-en-US] $#,###.00", "en-US")

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

@mdevaney

Thank you for replying! Yes, I do know the trick of setting it as a text. But I am just wondering if there is any other way to fix the currency sign for that particular user?

Is there anyway to change that particular user’s region setting?

@lliu08 

I would suggest opening the Settings menu for Chrome, searching Languages in the settings search bar and changing the primary language to English (USA).

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@lliu08 

Could you please share more about the scenario?

What is the data source and how did you display the currency symbol? Since PowerApps won't show the currency symbol automatically even if it is the Currency field, so I am curious about how did the scenario come about.

This problem could be related to PowerApps' locale or the tenant's locale, I'm waiting for your details to be tested next, but you can try.

The Powerapps web side inherits the browser's locale, and the client inherits from the operating system.

For tenants who need to change the Office365 locale, refer to this document: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-your-personal-language-and-region-settings-caa1fccc-... .

If this doesn't work, please share more information, so that we can provide further assistance.

Sik

Hi @lliu08 ,

Has your issue been resolved?

Feel free to post back if there are any problems.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,079)