cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Users cannot access Area or Priority in Service Desk when creating a ticket

I created a service desk app from the template and stored the data on my google drive business account. I have shared the app with users in our organization. When trying to create a ticket they cannot fill in the Priority or the Area fields in the create new ticket window. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi kcopeland,

Have you configured the Sharing options under google drive?

Please make sure the users who use this app have read/write permission to the data file stored in your google drive.

If the user have the proper permission configured, could you please share about the Priority or the Area fields here, what is the column type for those two fields? I will do some testing from my side.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Here is user1 trying the app: http://www.screencast.com/t/orJou0hR50f

Here is user2 trying it as well: http://www.screencast.com/t/ZljMWNdppO

User2 has the same issue, however when he clicked on create ticket it sent me an email that a new ticket was crested. When I opened the app no new ticket was loaded.

Highlighted

Hi kcopeland,

Thanks for the update.

Have you checked the sharing options under the data source side? Would you please share more details regarding Google drive business account? Would the app users be able to access your google drive here?

Just from the video, I suspect the issue here should be related with the data type configured at the Google Drive, there might be some unsupported column type here, which only supports reading and not allow to edit under PowerApps, would you please share more details for the Area or Priority data here, how were they defined or stored in google drive?

I am not familiar with google drive, which I might need some more time to test this.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

My apologies, I used OneDrive as my connection, not google drive. I have given permissions to the group to modify the xlsx file but have not had anyone test it as of yet.

Highlighted

Hi @kcopeland,

Apologize for the late response.

Do you need any further assistance on this?

Regards

Highlighted

No thanks. Went with Spiceworks instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,135)