cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Users not seeing pinned / recent records after exiting model-driven app

Hello!

I have a model-driven app in which I can view, as an admin, my recent and pinned records. One of my users cannot see her pinned and recent records after closing the app and relaunching it.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @CharlesS 

I'm not 100% of the reason for this. Howerver, this post might be of interest. Although it refers to D365, the underlying workings should still be applicable.

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/microsoft-dynamics-crm-forum/135353/the-recently-viewed-lists-d...

On that basis, could you try a different browser or investigate the cookie settings to see whether or not there is a correlation between that and the recent and pinned records disappearing?

Thank you for your reply @timl !

I had not seen that post. We tried with IE, Chrome and Edge: same problem. 

But, I did see a reply from Marianne Christensen in the post thread stating:

Yes, the solution was to have English as Windows Language.

Now that's interesting. Indeed, my users have system set up in French (Canada). Mine is in English. If this is indeed the problem, it is a bug. In Quebec, there are legal considerations regarding the language used at work and I can't just switch my user's Windows Language to English. Perhaps I should submit an idea to get this bug solved?

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @CharlesS 

I think your assessment may be correct and it sounds like a language related bug.

I think it's worth raising this as a support ticket with Microsoft. If it is a bug, I suspect you'll have more luck in finding a resolution this way, rather than through a post in the ideas forum.

In the meantime, perhaps some of the other users here might have some insight into this behaviour. @EricRegnier maybe?

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @CharlesS

Nice to hear from a Quebecer (j'en suis un)! I've done several multi-lang model-driven apps and haven't seen this issue.... I actually just done a test and it works (see images below). The users have cookies enabled in their browsers and aren't using incognito browser mode, right? Might pay to lodge a ticket at Microsoft at: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support like @timl mentioned.

EricRegnier_0-1610746881902.png

EricRegnier_1-1610746897168.png

Super User III
Super User III

Thanks (merci!) for checking this @EricRegnier 

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,742)