cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Users of app can't see contents of custom entity view

I've created an app and use CDS as my data source. I've also created a view of a subset of the data in one of the custom entities I've created. I use this view in my app.

When I use the app, I see the data contained in the view, but users I share the app with can't see it. I did create the necessary security profiles and allowed them to see the contents of the view, but still they don't. Any ideas how I can fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Users of app can't see contents of custom entity view

Hello,

Do you and the affected user have same set of security roles?

Along with sharing the app, its important that necessary permissions are granted at the entity level along with standard permissions.

As a test, please try granting Out-of-the-Box "Common Data Service User" security role as well to the affected user and verify the results.

Screen1.png

There are scenarios wherein if custom security role is missing some standard permissions which are required at system level, then it can restrict the access to the data.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Users of app can't see contents of custom entity view

Hi @rohsh354 

I tried your suggestion to add the Common Data Service User security role to the user's profile as well, but this made no difference. I also tried giving the user full rights to View under Customizations, but this also didn't resolve the issue.

Any other ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,578)