cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Users receive an "Almost there [app name] needs your permission to use: SharePoint"

We have created a new PowerApp that is fairly simple - We have a SharePoint list and used the built in PowerApp creator to build an app. 

We then embedded the app into a Team.  When any new user tries to use it the first time, they get the following message:

"Almost there [app name] needs your permission to use: SharePoint"

Is there anyway to prevent this message?  Or is it mandatory to begin using a powerapp on a sharepont site?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Users receive an "Almost there [app name] needs your permission to use: SharePoint"

Hi @nixnac85,

The behavior you encountered is by default.

If users are tthe first time to use a new App, then firstly PowerApps would require the user to verify the connection permission used in this App.

There is no way to bypass it currently.

Which is called the " Give Consent", more information, see:

Use PowerAps on a phone or a tablet

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Users receive an "Almost there [app name] needs your permission to use: SharePoint"

Hi,

In my case user is accessing the powerapp form. I have customized this from through sharepoint list settings->formsettings->powerapp form customize. 

I was able to access and when user try to access it got the error message as "Almost there "Test form needs your permission to use".

User has owner permission across the site. This subsite has unique permission. 

could you please help me. 

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

This has now been happening to users here every single time an app connected to SharePoint (i.e. all of them) is opened.  I created a new connection to SharePoint and it remains the same in Chrome and in IE11. In my most recent example, I have an app embedded on the page but all anyone EVER sees is the, "Almost there..." message. The user can approve, refresh page, and they just see message again.... what exactly is the point of this behavior? Most users never even get to the point of approving. this is a real turn off to using PowerApps forms (there are so many others, but this is the one most affecting us most today).

Is this the expected behavior?

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Can someone at least please clarify what the expected behavior is with this. I don't believe it is supposed to ask for permission to use every connection, every time the app is refreshed is it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,930)