cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users receive an "Almost there [app name] needs your permission to use: SharePoint"

We have created a new PowerApp that is fairly simple - We have a SharePoint list and used the built in PowerApp creator to build an app. 

We then embedded the app into a Team.  When any new user tries to use it the first time, they get the following message:

"Almost there [app name] needs your permission to use: SharePoint"

Is there anyway to prevent this message?  Or is it mandatory to begin using a powerapp on a sharepont site?

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nixnac85,

The behavior you encountered is by default.

If users are tthe first time to use a new App, then firstly PowerApps would require the user to verify the connection permission used in this App.

There is no way to bypass it currently.

Which is called the " Give Consent", more information, see:

Use PowerAps on a phone or a tablet

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

In my case user is accessing the powerapp form. I have customized this from through sharepoint list settings->formsettings->powerapp form customize. 

I was able to access and when user try to access it got the error message as "Almost there "Test form needs your permission to use".

User has owner permission across the site. This subsite has unique permission. 

could you please help me. 

This has now been happening to users here every single time an app connected to SharePoint (i.e. all of them) is opened.  I created a new connection to SharePoint and it remains the same in Chrome and in IE11. In my most recent example, I have an app embedded on the page but all anyone EVER sees is the, "Almost there..." message. The user can approve, refresh page, and they just see message again.... what exactly is the point of this behavior? Most users never even get to the point of approving. this is a real turn off to using PowerApps forms (there are so many others, but this is the one most affecting us most today).

Is this the expected behavior?

Can someone at least please clarify what the expected behavior is with this. I don't believe it is supposed to ask for permission to use every connection, every time the app is refreshed is it?

As stated here in the link supplied by @v-micsh-msft , "If an app requires a connection to a data source or permission to use the device's capabilities (such as the camera or location services), you must give consent before you can use the app. Typically, you're prompted only the first time you run the app."

Every single app I have must be atypical then because I can refresh an app ten time and have to give consent every time, on my phone, desktop, makes no difference. If I load the app a hundred times, I have to give consent a hundred times. There is never, ever an exception.

What is this prompt actually accomplishing? Can someone please describe the set of circumstances that should lead the user to click "Don't allow"? Why are the users being asked this and what exactly is it that is being asked?

Is there something somewhere providing instruction for end users explaining and describing those times when they should click "Don't allow"  while opening an app?

The link below will show you how to create your own data connection. After creating this connection you will not get the permission request. Each user must do this in their own account or click allow when they open the app.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-manage-connections

Advocate II
Advocate II

While I cannot answer the reason "why" @PhilD brought up (I too would like to know the answer), I did find an article that suppresses the consent form from appearing in the first place.  I believe this answers the original question, along with mine.  How can an organization bypass this message so that everyone in the company is not forced to go through this process:

https://www.anupams.net/suppress-user-consent-popup-in-powerapps/ 

This sure helped me.  Hope it helps you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,215)