cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rodieremix
Level 8

Users receiving message "You do not have a valid PowerApps plan" but I can't determine why

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I created an app about a year and a half ago and now my users are starting to see a message that says "You do not have a valid PowerApps plan. To access PowerApps you must have a PowerApps plan assigned to you by your organization or the organization in which you're a guest." The app is shared with all users and doesn't use any premium connectors (SharePoint, Office 365 Outlook, Office 365 Users, and Flow management). The Flow part was added a couple of months ago so my best guess is that it has something to do with that. However, the Flow also doesn't use any premium connectors (SharePoint and Office 365 Users) so I don't think that should cause any issues? The Licensing Guide isn't the easiest to break down, but from what I understand, since my company's users have an Office 365 E3 license, there shouldn't be any issues. For the time being I'm asking users to follow the prompts to start a trial but I'm worried about what will happen when those trials expire. Please help! Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rodieremix
Level 8

Re: Users receiving message "You do not have a valid PowerApps plan" but I can't determine why

Posting the solution in case anyone else runs into a similar issue. 

What I ended up having to do was:

• Export the App
  • Extract the Zip file
  • Change the JSON file to a TXT file by changing the extension from JSON to TXT
  • Open the TXT file and remove the reference to the unused entity
  • Save the file
  • Change the TXT file back to a JSON file by updating the file extension
  • Rezip the file
  • Import the new zip file

Kind of obnoxious that I had to do this, but it worked.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SKH19
Level 10

Re: Users receiving message "You do not have a valid PowerApps plan" but I can't determine why

@rodieremix 

It has to be the case that your app or Flow is using a premium connector. Are there any connections active that are unused?

rodieremix
Level 8

@SKH19 thanks so much for reaching out. Unfortunately I really don't think that is the case, at least not that I can find. I've gone over the app and Flow several times and can't find any connector, in use or not, that is premium. I've included a few screenshots of the App's connections and data sources as well as the Flow's connections. The Flow only has two connectors, SharePoint and Office 365 Users (which is no longer in use). Otherwise it's mostly conditions, switches, compose, etc.

powerappsconnections.pngApp Connectionspowerappsdatasources.pngApp Data Sourcesflowconnections.pngFlow Connections

SKH19
Level 10

I believe Logic Flows use a connection to Azure, do they not? It may not be labeled properly as a premium connector.

I know some people have had issues with Logic Flows in the past. How did you import it to your app? Have you tried deleting the Logic Flow connection and re-importing the Flow?

rodieremix
Level 8

That's interesting, I didn't realize that. This one was a major pain as I kept having issues with the Office 365 Users connection, which I ended up not even using in this Flow because it was proving to be so problematic. I'll try removing it and re-creating or importing it to see if that resolves the issue. Thank you for all of your help!

rodieremix
Level 8

So I think I finally found the culprit, but unfortunately I can't figure out how to remove it. I noticed when I went to share the app there was a Common Data Service listed, which I know is a premium connector. I can only see this Common Data Service from the share screen and I can't figure out how to remove it. I can't even find any reference to it outside of the Share screen. Before I discovered this, I had updated the app to remove any Flow connections. I also tried exporting and importing the app, but the connection is still referenced on the Share screen. I appreciate any assistance anyone can offer on helping to remove this connection. Thanks!

sharescreen.pngShare Screenconnections screenshot.pngConnections Screendatasourcesscreen.pngData Sources Screen

rodieremix
Level 8

Posting the solution in case anyone else runs into a similar issue. 

What I ended up having to do was:

• Export the App
  • Extract the Zip file
  • Change the JSON file to a TXT file by changing the extension from JSON to TXT
  • Open the TXT file and remove the reference to the unused entity
  • Save the file
  • Change the TXT file back to a JSON file by updating the file extension
  • Rezip the file
  • Import the new zip file

Kind of obnoxious that I had to do this, but it worked.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,940)