Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alois
Helper III
Helper III

Users unable to access sharepoint list items through vlookup

Hi All,

I'm having this issue where my users are unable to access dropdown items defined in sharepoint list through lookup function. It works perfectly fine for me as the app owner. I have also ascertained the code is correct and the shared users have edit permission levels.

One thing I did which I suspect is the cause of this issue was to break inheritance of the sharepoint list access from the parent site. I have since removed the unique permission of the list and restored the inheritance. However, it doesn't seem to function normally anymore. Shared users are able to access the sharepoint list on sharepoint online but the vlookup in powerapps doesn't work (i.e. no errors but the items are not populated).

Can anyone help me out on this?

Regards,
Alois

2 REPLIES 2
Alois
Helper III
Helper III

Ok I just done some testing.

I attempted to authenticate if the lookup returns a true or false value.

My app has a variable varUser set OnStart with Set(varUser,User())
My list named User Roles has a column of person type named User

In my Lookup function, I defined it as:
If(Not(IsBlank(LookUp('User Roles',User.Email=varUser.Email))),Concatenate("Glad to have you here. You are seeing data for the following site(s): ", LookUp('User Roles',User.Email = varUser.Email, 'Site 1'.Value)),"No site assigned. Please contact me to onboard the application.")

What I'm trying to achieve is to match current user's email with an existing email in the list and populate their assigned sites. Interestingly, even with the person item created in the list, the test returns false value. 

Does anyone know the reason why and perhaps offer a solution to fix this?

Regards,
Alois

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alois ,

Perhaps below thread will help:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Using-SharePoint-lists-as-a-datasource/td-p/...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,973)