cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MochaPeach
Frequent Visitor

Users unable to "fix connection" for certain connectors

In the past five days, I've had at least six users unable to "fix connection" for the following connections in my app: Office365Users, Office365 Outlook and OneDrive.

There have not been any changes to this app in the last two months. It has been in working order for almost two years.

Additionally, one of the users received the sign in error: AADSTS900561: The endpoint only accepts POST requests. Received a GET request.

I had them go through the obvious steps: Click "fix connection", log out of and log back into Office 365 then try the app again, change browsers, etc.

I've checked their licenses -- they are good.

They have not changed their passwords in the past week or month.

What else could prevent them from "fixing the connection"?
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mandy

Experienced exactly the same "Fix connection" problem yesterday!! The failed connector of my app is Excel Online (Business). Have created ticket to MS support. The workaround they provided is to ask user go to make.powerapps.com > Data >Connection, to delete the existing connection, then open the app again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DylanSimons
Resolver III
Resolver III

Are the users able to log into other apps okay with Office365Users, etc. connections?

Looking up the error code came up with a few results. This one had a solution: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/59025/aadsts900561-this-endpoint-only-accepts-pos...

Yes. It's quite random. So far, only about five users out of about 70 are experiencing -- but it has grown from 1 on Thursday to 5 today.

Mandy

Experienced exactly the same "Fix connection" problem yesterday!! The failed connector of my app is Excel Online (Business). Have created ticket to MS support. The workaround they provided is to ask user go to make.powerapps.com > Data >Connection, to delete the existing connection, then open the app again.

View solution in original post

MochaPeach
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much, deleting the connector worked. 

But I wonder why it happened after working fine for so long.

Oh well, one of those things I guess.

Thanks!

PhilD
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

So to clarify, if I'm seeing this issue with apps that I have created for users, I should go to Data >Connection and delete the connection to SharePoint, which in my case is shared by several dozen different apps. Do I need to go and open each of the apps that are listed under this shared connection (the one I just deleted)? Will these apps continue to work? I'm a little nervous about deleting the connection without knowing what the experience will be for the users of all these different apps that connect to SharePoint data sources using this shared connection. Any clarification on what the end users will experience in this scenario would be helpful.

@PhilD, I believe the end users will need to add that connection the next time they open any app that uses a sharepoint connection. It would be similar to them opening the app for the first time.

MochaPeach
Frequent Visitor

No, deleting for that app will affect only that app.
In my case, I deleted the connector for the offending app then I added it back.
Not sure why it was not behaving for me but that did the trick.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,273)