cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenlynn1470
Level: Powered On

Users unable to select text to copy/paste from Dropdowns and combobox - View Mode - Published App

Hi,  

New to PowerApps but have made a few apps now...

But I have an app that is published but users are uable to select text in View Mode for drop down and combobox controls.  Anything that is a text box or a label those items allow the user to copy the date if necessary but not combo boxes or dropdowns. I'm not sure what function needs to be changed to allow the text to be selected and copied. 

See screenshot attached. 

In the screenshot "Material Request","Project Code" & Visit ID are either a combo box or a drop down. 

Does anyone have any idea how to fix?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Users unable to select text to copy/paste from Dropdowns and combobox - View Mode - Published App

Hi @jenlynn1470 ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side.

Currently, within PowerApps, the Dropdown or ComboBox value could not be selected within a Display form (in View Mode).

If you want to select/copy the Dropdown or ComboBox value within a Display form (in View Mode), I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Fourm:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As an alternative solution, you could consider unlock the "Request Type","Project Code" & Visit ID data cards in your Display form, remove the Dropdown control or ComboBox control from correspoding Data cards, instead, add Label controls within the corresponding Data cards to display value. Then you could copy the corresponding values in your Display form.

Please check the following GIF screenshot for more details:Test.gif

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Users unable to select text to copy/paste from Dropdowns and combobox - View Mode - Published App

Hi @jenlynn1470 ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side.

Currently, within PowerApps, the Dropdown or ComboBox value could not be selected within a Display form (in View Mode).

If you want to select/copy the Dropdown or ComboBox value within a Display form (in View Mode), I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Fourm:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As an alternative solution, you could consider unlock the "Request Type","Project Code" & Visit ID data cards in your Display form, remove the Dropdown control or ComboBox control from correspoding Data cards, instead, add Label controls within the corresponding Data cards to display value. Then you could copy the corresponding values in your Display form.

Please check the following GIF screenshot for more details:Test.gif

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

jenlynn1470
Level: Powered On

Ok thanks, not a perfect solution but knowing that its not something I did incorrect is good to know. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,353)