cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AveDog08
Helper III
Helper III

Using 2 different collections in a gallery. Only fields from one collection show.

This is closely related the issue I had before: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Using-2-different-SQL-sources-in-a-collectio....

I now have 2 separate collections populating the same gallery depending on an If statement, but only one collection's fields are showing. They share almost all field names except for 2 fields that aren't in one of the collections. Strangely, this was working yesterday with no errors. I woke up this morning and found 41 errors. I wasted 4 hours trying to figure out the issue. 

I could have a seperate gallery but that would cause a ton of duplicate code and extra work. Code management in PowerApps is already difficult as it ia.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vikulkar
Community Support
Community Support

Hello there,

As a workaround for this, is it possible to add the same columns so that both the collections have the exact same columns?

These columns in the other collection can be left as blank and it can be populated only when the other collection is used.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Vikas K

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
vikulkar
Community Support
Community Support

Hello there,

As a workaround for this, is it possible to add the same columns so that both the collections have the exact same columns?

These columns in the other collection can be left as blank and it can be populated only when the other collection is used.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Vikas K

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (54,419)