cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aldrin
Frequent Visitor

Using Business Central as a Data Source

I just want to use Business Central as a data source but I can't fetch the datasets. Is there an alternative solution for this problem? I just want to save my data to BC and get it at the same time. Please see attached picture. Thank you.

no tables.png

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Aldrin ,

Here is a video on the connection process.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hello @WarrenBelz ,

I watched and tried the video but I can't still fetch the data sets from BC. I just want to read and write data to BC from PowerApps. Is there any alternative solution for this problem? Thank you.

Hi @Aldrin ,

I do not use BC, but had a bit of a look at the video and it seems to describe the process required.

This is the first post I have seen of anyone trying to use this as a data source, so there is not a lot of material available.

There seem to be all the required actions in the connector

BusinessCentral.png

I cannot connect to anything to test, but these appear to cover the basics - I suspect you will need a Flow however.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @Aldrin ,

Do you want to read and write data in business central in powerapps?
I think the actions supported by this connector could meet your demands.

Supported actions:

Actions

TABLE 4
Create record

Creates a Dynamics 365 Business Central record

Delete record

Deletes a Dynamics 365 Business Central record

Execute action

Executes a Dynamics 365 Business Central action.

Get record

Retrieves a Dynamics 365 Business Central record

Get record types

Retrieves Dynamics 365 Business Central record types

Update record

Updates an existing Dynamics 365 Business Central record

So the reason why you could not connect with dataset in this connector should not be connector's problem.

Please check these demands of using dataset of this connector:

1)this is a premium connector, you should use premium license(per app plan/per user plan)

2)You must have a valid account with Business Central and with Power Apps.

3) If you are not an administrator of your Business Central, you may have to sign in with another account.

4)All Power Apps regions except the following:
     -   US Government (GCC High)
     -   China Cloud operated by 21Vianet

Here's a doc about how to connect with business central for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/across-how-use-financials-data-source-...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,037)