cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AConnelly
Frequent Visitor

Using Collect function

Just starting out with PowerApps and need help!

We're working on an IT Inventory app that can store and display a record for each piece of equipment we have. Currently, we have this listed in an Excel file. This file has over 2,000 rows and will likely climb to 10,000+ rows. From what I've read, I'll need to somehow get the data from the Excel file into PowerApps using the Collect function. While I can find a lot of code examples, I have NO idea how to implement them in the app. Do I need a button? A label? WHERE in the app am I putting this code? 

Apologies if this is a basic question, we literally just started on PowerApps this week. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@AConnelly 

Excel will never be suitable for a large datasource and SharePoint may have limitations too.  See @WarrenBelz 's blog here to decide if that would be better before you jump in developing PowerApps. As long as you can work around the limitations regarding delegation, it is probably the best bet as it comes free with the Office365 subscription.   https://www.practicalpowerapps.com/data/constructing-your-first-power-app-before-you-start/ 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@AConnelly 

Excel will never be suitable for a large datasource and SharePoint may have limitations too.  See @WarrenBelz 's blog here to decide if that would be better before you jump in developing PowerApps. As long as you can work around the limitations regarding delegation, it is probably the best bet as it comes free with the Office365 subscription.   https://www.practicalpowerapps.com/data/constructing-your-first-power-app-before-you-start/ 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,039)