cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
E-Mac Advocate I
Advocate I

Using Collections and a ListBox

Hi all,

Is there a way to return a value from a collection depending on another value in the same row of that collection?

For example below...

Collection.PNGListBox.PNG

I am looking to display the Rate of the Name selected from the ListBox in the label to the right of it.

Eg. If "John Doe" was selected in the list box, "£75.70" should appear in the label.

Any help would be great, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Using Collections and a ListBox

You can use the Selected property of the Listbox in the label next to the listbox to display the rate of the item that is selected:

ListBox1.Selected.Rate

However, a listbox is a control where by default you can select more than one item at the same time, and if multiple items are selected the label will display one of them (I believe it's the last one to be selected, but this is not guaranteed). If you want to use it as a "single-selection" control, you should set its 'SelectMultiple' property to false.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

You can use the Selected property of the Listbox in the label next to the listbox to display the rate of the item that is selected:

ListBox1.Selected.Rate

However, a listbox is a control where by default you can select more than one item at the same time, and if multiple items are selected the label will display one of them (I believe it's the last one to be selected, but this is not guaranteed). If you want to use it as a "single-selection" control, you should set its 'SelectMultiple' property to false.

View solution in original post

E-Mac Advocate I
Advocate I

Worked great, Thank you very much!

rlmckean Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi

I resolved this in a rather clunky way by Collecting a variable as follows

{Mrate: lookup(membersrolerate,name=dropdown.selected.value,Rate} and set the text property of the label = Mrate

Cheers

Richard

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,565)