cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kylefriedman
Regular Visitor

Using Filter with EndsWith on large dataset

I am trying to search a list with more than 12K records in it. Basically a user types in an order number and I need to validate it's in a list in Sharepoint that we sync over from SAP nightly. I tried using Filter with EndsWith and it gives me delegation warning. Using StartsWith works fine. The docs are not 100% clear, but I doesn't list EndsWith as delegable (SharePoint - Connectors | Microsoft Learn). Any idea how to get around this so I can search a large dataset. I need an EndsWith test to make this work right. I even added Index to List for AUFNR field. I thought that would fix it after seeing this in SP. I also have less than 12 columns. 

kylefriedman_1-1668703955762.png

Here is what I see in PowerApps

kylefriedman_0-1668703821960.png

kylefriedman_2-1668704010477.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi @kylefriedman 

The delegation documentation for SharePoint does state that only StartsWith is delegable:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#power-apps-delegable-functions-and-op...

I would recommend creating a new column, and then creating a flow to pull the last X characters from the field and place it in the new column and do that for all rows, and then when you are storing data in this column going forward make sure to store the last X chars in the new field - this way you'll be able to filter using StartsWith against the new column which would effectively be the EndsWith..

It's not a pretty solution but its the one that I think will be delegable.

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

error

iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi @kylefriedman 

The delegation documentation for SharePoint does state that only StartsWith is delegable:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#power-apps-delegable-functions-and-op...

I would recommend creating a new column, and then creating a flow to pull the last X characters from the field and place it in the new column and do that for all rows, and then when you are storing data in this column going forward make sure to store the last X chars in the new field - this way you'll be able to filter using StartsWith against the new column which would effectively be the EndsWith..

It's not a pretty solution but its the one that I think will be delegable.

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

error 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,490)