cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisSullivan
Helper II
Helper II

Using Flow Variables after they are passed back to PowerApp without running flow again.

Hello Power Appers,

I Just start using flows in my apps, 

That said I have a few question I have not found an answer to, and or fix for. 

I have a Flow that Collects Variables from a PowerApp button. The flow creates a Sharepoint item based on the variables sent from power apps,  and then passes that Items ID back to Power apps. I want to use this Variable to patch some other list but it seems that every time I do so it reruns the Flow and creates more of the original item

The code looks as such . 

ChrisSullivan_0-1616186132221.png

ChrisSullivan_2-1616186221746.png

It seems like every time I use the CopyItemID variable, It creates an new item in the original list. Like it is running the flow every time I use the variable. Is there a way to use this variable without it running the flow again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think there is a missing „)“ in your first „if“ statement. Bevor your “;”

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@ChrisSullivan 

I believe you are calling are calling your flow twice , Both 1 and 2 are calls to your flow so you need to remove Number 1 and Keep number 2 as this sets the value you are returning from your flow

Mira_Ghaly_0-1616210974747.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
ChrisSullivan
Helper II
Helper II

Mira,

Thanks for the response! This is exactly what I thought at first. Odd thing is when I remove the first call. I get red X and squiggles. 

Its as if Powerapps has no idea what the Variable is when I only put it in Set().

ChrisSullivan_0-1616418518751.png

ChrisSullivan_1-1616418537796.png

Any thoughts?

Mira,

Thanks for the response! This is exactly what I thought at first. Odd thing is when I remove the first call. I get red X and squiggles. 

Its as if Powerapps has no idea what the Variable is when I only put it in Set().

ChrisSullivan_0-1616426844651.png

ChrisSullivan_1-1616426844652.png

Any thoughts?

I think there is a missing „)“ in your first „if“ statement. Bevor your “;”

View solution in original post

Wow, Thank you max81. Stupid me. 
You stare at these things long enough, your guaranteed to miss Newbie mistakes like this! 👍

max81
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

I did the same mistakes also several times so I’m used to look for missing brackets. 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,013)