cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ollek
Level: Powered On

Using ForAll from tabell to write row in excel-tabel and sort

Hi 

I am writing rows in an excel-tabel using ForAll from an internal tabel. I have sorted the internal tabel but when I using ForAll and Patch to write rows in excel it do not come sorted the way I want it.  It seems like the ForAll change the order.  Is it a way to write row in my excel-tabel from my internal tabel and keep the sortorder?

Kind regards

Olle  

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Using ForAll from tabell to write row in excel-tabel and sort

The ForAll() is multi threaded, so it can process multiple records at the same time which means the items that are being loop through can be processed in any order. Why does the excel table need the new records in a certain order? The data from the excel table can be viewed in a gallery or datatable where you can control the sort order.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Ollek
Level: Powered On

Re: Using ForAll from tabell to write row in excel-tabel and sort

Hi Jeff,

and thank you for answering.  Why are we using excel?  The reason is that we have built our hole CRM and invoice system with SharePoint List and Poweraps. And in somecase, for example when we want to print a list av all invoices we use excel.   So the app take the objects from SharePoint list with the invoices and write them to excel.  The user can then print the list on paper. In that case it would be nice to have them in invoice number order.   Of cource you can sort and filter the excel-list and works when there are singel object that writen to the tabel in excel, but in some cases it much more complex which make it difficult.  That is the case when we write invoice information to excel transform it to pdf and send it to our customer.         

Kind Regards

Olle       

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,246)